Cool and luxurious, fully furnished 3-room apartment of approx. 75m2 at Korte Hoogstraat in the center of Rotterdam for rent. The apartment, with a new linoleum floor in cement color and black steel window frames, has been redesigned to meet the needs of the modern expat. It is located on the second floor of an apartment complex from the early 1950s, next to the Schielandshuis and a minute walk from the most central metro intersection (Beurs/ WTC). This part of the center is known to be relatively quiet, while nearby you can find several high-end restaurants such as Fitzgerald, FG Foodlabs and Joelia, across the street are some of the nicer espresso bars and fashion stores. This is where you want to live! The market and the famous Market Hall, an MVRDV design, are literally on your doorstep. The bustling Witte de Withstraat is a 5-minute walk away. Central Station, the headquarters of Unilever and the Erasmus Medical Center are only one or two stops away by metro or streetcar, or a short bike ride.
Layout and characteristics:
Entrance into the spacious living room (25.9m2) is at the front of the building overlooking the shopping street . It has a dresser, a comfortable sofa, a fireplace, several chairs to sit together and a dinner/work table. The bathroom has a walk-in Grohe rain shower, a towel radiator and a separate corner with a new washer and dryer (4.6m2). The toilet is finished with off-white classic faceted tiles. One bedroom (15,7m2) has two large new boxspring beds made entirely of natural materials and, if desired, one topper. The second bedroom (8,6m2) has a new spacious bed, a small desk and a closet. Both have custom made silent blinds. The kitchen (10.3m2) is equipped with an espresso machine, waterboiler, extractor, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, oven and a designer glass wine cooler. From the kitchen the door opens onto a small balcony, with a wine table and views of the Coolsingel, the Schielandshuis and the old HBU Bank. Most rooms display classic archival photos or harbor pictures of Rotterdam. Entirely heated by central heating. In the basement there is dry storage space of 11m2 available.
- The monthly rent is € 1.625,-. Additional monthly costs consist of gas, water, electricity, internet, TV and municipal taxes and are estimated to be around € 175,- (without any guaranty). As agent we help you free of charge to arrange the utility contracts.
- Applying for rent subsidy is not possible.
- The deposit equals € 1.625,-.
- Habitation is possible for a maximum of 2 persons.
- The minimum rental period is 12 months.
- Smoking inside the accommodation is not permitted.
- Pets are not permitted.
- Paid parking with residents parking permit.
Income requirement working people:
- Net income of 2.5 times the rent for 1 person and 3 times the rent for 2 people.
- For employees: a remaining term of employment of at least 10 months or a letter of intent for extension.
- For self-employed persons: a confirmation of income by an external accountant for the full past financial year and the current financial year (forecast).
- In other cases one may qualify with a guarantor, or a deposit which is increased by 1 to 2 months' rent.
Income requirement students:
- Renting by students is not possible.
Income requirement guarantors:
- Living or working in the Netherlands.
- Sufficient income and / or ability to be able to meet the rental obligations in addition to the own living expenditures.
- Furthermore, the same requirements that apply for employees or self-employed persons.
We schedule viewings by e-mail. This way we can give you a clear picture of the rental process. Please respond to the advertisement or email us. We normally reply within two working days. Thank you for your effort!